Rules and Regulations
GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. The School Diary is an official record. Every student should bring the school diary on all school days. He/ She must take himself acquainted with the rules and regulations of the school and obey them strictly.
2. Students who come late or who have been absent on the previous day must bring the attendance or absence record signed by their parent or guardian. Late comers are liable to lose attendance for the day.
3. Generally, leave note written under the signature of the guardian will only be considered to grant leave.
4. No half – day leave will be granted to students. Even in an urgent need they will not be allowed to go home unless a duly authorized person comes to take them.
5. The classrooms and the school ground must be kept clean and tidy. All the waste papers, wrappers etc. must be thrown in the waste paper basket.
6. There shall be no money raised for any purpose whatsoever or gift given to staff members or others without the permission of the Headmistress.
7. Late comers, without written explanation from parents or guardian will not be admitted in the class. Irregular attendance, habitual idlenss, neglect of homework, misbehaviour even outside the school premises and insubordination to school authorities justify disciplinary action against the student.
8. No pupil enter any classroom other than his/ her own without permission. They shall also not enter the staff room without permission. Pupils may change their place in the classroom only with the permission of the class teacher.
9. Students should bring the necessary text, notebooks and stationary regularly according to the time table.
10. All pupils are expected to take part in the assembly. Students describing to be exempted from the physical training or games on medical ground, should produce a Doctor’s Certificate.
11. No student shall be promoted to the higher standard or admitted to the Public Examination, unless the student has attended the classes for required number of working days.
12. In all foreseen cases, such as marriage, pilgrimage, religious ceremony and in case of prolonged illness etc.., leave of absence must be obtained in advance from the Principal. Leave application for illness must be validated by medical practitioner.
13. Running, playing or shouting inside the school building is never allowed. When passing along the corridors during class hours, students shall keep silence.
14. It is forbideen to write or scribble or splash ink on the school or compound walls or in any way disfigure or damage School property. Severe action will be taken against pupils not adhering to this rule. The cost of repairs or replacements will be borne by the parents concerned.
15. Pupils absent from examination will be considered as having failed unless it is established that their absence was due to illness.
16. No pupil is permitted to engage any of the school teachers as private tutors without the written sanction of the Principal.
17. As English is the medium of instruction students are expected to speak in English in the school premises so that they acquire greater fluency in the language.
18. No pupil is allowed to leave the institution during the school time, unless a serious issue arises.
19. It is compulsory that the child has to get the gate pass if he/ she has to leave the school in-between.
TO PARENTS AND GUARDIANS
Parents as well as teachers are equally responsible for the all round growth of the child. The success of a school depends to a large extent upon the fullest co-operation between the teachers and the parents, Hence parents and guardians are earnestly requested to keep in mind the following points
1. Parents and guardians are requested to go through the school diary carefully and co-operate with the school in the observance of all the rules and regulations in it.
2. Any communication (request or complaints) made by parent or guardian should be addressed to the Principal and not to the teachers. Mention should be made of the child’s name and class. 3. Check your child’s School diary everyday and ensure that lesson and assignments are completed regularly. Remarks made in the diary by the school authorities should be signed and taken note of. Your prompt attention to the teachers note is very essential for a joint unified effort to look after the education of your wards.
4. Don’t send any child suffering from infectious and contagious diseases to school till it is completely cured.
5. The management is not responsible for the loss of jewellery, money or articles of the children, Please see that your children come to the school in proper and decent uniform.
6. Parents are welcome to visit the school. However they are requested not to stand or walk around in the varandha or enter the classrooms during school hours. Complaints if any should be made only to the Principal and not to the class teacher.
7. Parents/ guardians are expected to co-operate with the school authorities by enforcing regularity and discipline in their wards. They should take necessary care that the children prepare their lessons regularly and take active part in all the activities of the school.
8. Once a student enters the school premises he / she will not be allowed to go home, and parents / guardians are requested not to send any notes for leave except in very urgent cases.
9. If a student is absent continuously for 15 days without the permission of the Principal his / her name will be removed from the roll.
10. Once the result is announced parents / guardians are not expected to approach the school authorities either to promote a failed student or issue a pass T.C.
11. The co-operation of all parents is expected in ensuring the pupil’s regular and punctual attendance, good general behaviour and execution of homework allotted.
12. Changes in the address of parents or guardians must be intimated to the school in writing, without delay, failing which the school will not be responsible for non- receipt of communications addressed to the parent or guardian.
13. Parents will be given important messages from the school via SMS.
ADMISSIONS AND WITHDRAWALS
1. St.Anne’s is a Co-educational Institution and admission is open to all good and earnest students without distinction of caste and creed.
2. Every candidate for admission must be introduced in person by parent or guardian who will stand responsible for his/ her conduct, studies and fees.
3. A student can attend the school only after the formalities of admission are duly completed.
4. While taking the admission, students have to submit copies of Birth certificate, Aadhar Card, passport size photo, Progress card of the previous class and T.C. from the previous school. .
5. Students from other institutions will be admitted only after an Entrance Test. They have to produce the Transfer Certificate. The decision of the Principal will be final in matters regarding tests and admission.
6. The Bio-data of the students once recorded in the school register cannot be altered.
7. Any student desiring to obtain the obtained Transfer Certificate shall apply to the Principal at least two days in advance. Such notice is to be given by the Parent or Guardian of the pupil.
8. T.C. will not be issued till all the dues to the school are fully paid.
EXAMINATION AND PROMOTION
1. Parents/ guardians shall collect the reports of the Examinations from the class teachers and go through the answer sheets of their wards on the date intimated to them.
2. All the students should take the examination and test as and when they are conducted.
3. Examinations will be conducted as per the norms of the CBSE.
4. A student who fails twice in the same class will not be allowed to continue his / her studies in the school.
1. All students are members of the school library. Students from class IV onwards can borrow books from the library.
2. The loan period for a book for all classes will be of seven days.
3. If the student exceeds the time limit, he /she will have to pay a fine of one rupee per day for the delay.
4. Books should be returned to the library in good condition. Any damage caused to the book will damaged books shall be replaced by the usert. The cost will be duly recovered from the parents.
1. Fees transaction will be through catholic Syrian Bank.
2. Parents are expected to remit the school fee as installments as and when prescribed.
3. Late fees will have a small scale due.